Award Winners Announced at Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference
Awards Recognize Partners’ Innovative Use of Microsoft Technology That Exceeds Customer Expectations and Solves Business Problems
Editors Note, July 23, 2004 — The names of several winning companies and/or the links to their respective Web sites have been updated since original publication.
TORONTO — July 13, 2004 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the winners of the 2004 Microsoft® Partner Program Awards. The awards recognize Microsoft Certified Partners that delivered exemplary solutions for their customers during the past year. Award winners were chosen from a group of finalists from around the world. Winners were announced at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2004, Microsoft’s premier annual event for industry partners, held this year in Toronto. In addition, Microsoft announced the winners of the Global Enterprise Services and Technology Partner of the Year, Global ISV of the Year, Customer Experience of the Year, and Winning Customer of the Year.
The Partner Program Awards recognize Microsoft Certified Partners that have demonstrated excellence in emerging technologies. Winners were chosen from finalists based on their innovative use of Microsoft’s latest technologies to deliver solutions that exceeded their customers’ expectations. The Microsoft Certified Partner Program helps partners build successful Microsoft technology-based businesses by offering a variety of resources including training, technical support, products and peer-networking opportunities. This year’s Certified Partner Award winners are as follows:
* Advanced Infrastructure Solution of the Year : SYSCOM, http://www.syscom.com.tw
* Business Intelligence Solution of the Year: GHI Technologies, http://www.ghitechnologies.com/
* Hosting Service Provider of the Year (Asia and Pacific region): WebCentral Pty Ltd., http://www.webcentral.com.au
* Hosting Service Provider of the Year (Europe, Middle East and Africa region): Cobweb Solutions Ltd., http://www.cobweb.co.uk
* Information Worker Solution of the Year: The Computer Solution Co., http://www.tcsc.com/
* Integrated E-Business Solution of the Year: Vertscape Inc., http://www.vertscape.net/
* ISV/Software Solution of the Year: Brookstone Technologies Pty Ltd., http://www.brookstone.com.au
* Learning Solution of the Year: Inacom Information Systems, http://www.inacom.com/
* Microsoft Business Solutions Solution of the Year: Options Software & Consulting Inc., http://www.options.com/
* Networking Infrastructure Solution of the Year: Quadra Systems Corp., http://www.quadrasystems.net/
* Security Solution of the Year: nCipher plc, http://www.ncipher.com/
* Small Business Solution of the Year: Integr8 IT (Pty) Ltd., http://www.integr8it.com/
* Software Asset Management Solution of the Year: Softwaremanagement.org, http://www.softwaremanagement.org/
Global Enterprise Services and Technology Partner of the Year: Accenture, http://www.accenture.com/
The Microsoft Global Services Partner of the Year Special Recognition Award is given to the global services partner that has demonstrated leadership in developing and delivering enterprise-class solutions based on the Microsoft platform. This year, Microsoft’s worldwide partner management leaders selected Accenture as the winner. A global alliance partner since 2000, Accenture has developed a comprehensive portfolio of solutions that take advantage of the latest Microsoft technologies to help businesses and government organizations worldwide improve how they operate and serve customers. The alliance has seen particular success and growth in the resources and public sector markets.
Global ISV Partner of the Year 2004: Quest Software Inc., http://www.quest.com/microsoft/
Microsoft’s most significant special recognition award, Global ISV Partner of the Year, is provided to Microsoft’s most strategic independent software vendor partner, one that has demonstrated outstanding leadership across technical innovation, marketing and sales engagement delivering consistent value-add Microsoft solutions to Microsoft’s and the ISV’s mutual customers. Microsoft honors one ISV partner annually with this award, which is the culmination of Microsoft internal nominations from the regional ISV partner leaders, Developer and Platform Evangelism Division leadership, global sales representatives and the Microsoft partner team.
About Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference
Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference provides Microsoft’s partner community with access to key marketing and business strategies, leadership, and information regarding specific customer solutions designed to help partners succeed in the marketplace. Along with informative learning opportunities covering sales, marketing, services and technology, the Worldwide Partner Conference is an ideal setting for partners to garner valuable knowledge from their peers and from Microsoft. More information can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/partner/events/wwpartnerconference/.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Microsoft, Axapta, Great Plains and Navision are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp., Great Plains Software Inc., Microsoft Business Solutions ApS or their affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Great Plains Software Inc. and Microsoft Business Solutions ApS are wholly owned subsidiaries of Microsoft Corp.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/ on Microsoft’s corporate information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/contactpr.asp.